Factors contributing to a rapidly growing Chinese outbound traveller market according to the World Tourist Organisation (UNWTO) include -
• A growing middle class
• An increasing affinity for experience-oriented lifestyles
• Friendlier visa procedures for those holding a Chinese passport - currently in over 60+ countries
• New International airports & routes
• Better access to online travel information
• Increasing number of China-friendly destinations*
*China-friendly destinations are defined as locations where intentional decisions are made to specifically cater to the Chinese traveller. This may include offering signage in Chinese, hiring Chinese-speaking staff, amending food options and so forth.