Tmall Global is the global version of Tmall for foreign merchants without in-country business operations in China.
This platform is a popular entry point for non-Chinese e-commerce brands to gain direct access to the local Chinese market, without a business license in China. Top-selling categories on Tmall Global are health supplements, beauty, and fashion.
Tmall Global is available to merchants that do not have a business license in China.
To get started,
1. Create a Tmall account on Tmall.com
2. Visit 'Seller Hub'>"Store Management'>'Apply for New Brand'
3. Submit business information to Tmall Global for verification. You're required to describe your business as detailed as possible to increase your chance of approval, Tmall asks that you provide the following information:
Brand description and history
4. Wait for approval from Tmall Global, this usually takes 7 working days.
5. Upon approval, pay a security deposit and Tmall's annual fee.
6. Launch store.
Security deposits start at US$5,000. Refer to Tmall's official guide for the complete fee schedule.
Registration documents of the main company of the store
Identity document of the authorized representative of the main company of the store
Statement of the authorized representative of the main company of the store
Overseas bank account opening certificate or bank statement of the main company of the store
Trademark registration certificate of the place of origin (only required for certain categories)
Refer to Tmall's official guide for more details.