Last Updated: 26 April 2019
Defining key terms
What information do we collect?
While using our Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you.
Personal information we collect regarding you or your device includes:
• Information you provide to create an Account. This personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your email address, name, and a portion of your payment information from our payment processor (e.g., the last four digits, country of issuance, and the expiration date of the payment card.)
• Emails and other communications that you send or otherwise contribute, such as customer support inquiries. Please note that our Service offers publicly accessible blogs and community forums. If you elect to post something in a public area of our Service, you should be aware that any content - including comments, contributions or personal information you voluntarily disclose, is available to others. If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in archived pages or cached pages of the Service, or if other users have copied or saved that information.
• To send marketing materials, subject to your opt-out option.
• Information you share with us in connection with promotions, quizzes, surveys, or contests.
• Information from your use of our Services or Users’ sites. This includes IP addresses, preferences, web pages you visited prior to coming to our or our Users’ sites, information about your browser, network or device (such as browser type and version, operating system, internet service provider, preference settings, unique device IDs and language and other regional settings), information about how you interact with the Services and our Users’ sites (such as timestamps, searches, clicks, browsing times, scrolling, transactions, referral pages, load times, and problems you may encounter, such as page loading errors).
Information we get from our partners to improve our Services, support our marketing initiatives, and better manage and measure our ad campaigns. This may include but is not limited to when our partners show you one of our ads on or through its advertising platform.
• Information like your social media websites, your personal website name, and a description of you that you may provide at your own discretion.
How we collect personal information
We obtain personal information from various sources:
• You provide some of it directly (such as by registering for an “Account”)
• We record some of it automatically when you use our Services or Users’ sites (including and not limited to technologies like cookies, the Chinafy speed test, Chinafy code test and Site Audit)
• We receive some of it from third parties (like when you make payments to us using our Payment Processor.
I. Personal information you provide
In order to provide or improve our Service, we collect information from you in a number of ways. For example, we ask you to provide your name and email address to register, confirm your identity, and manage your Account. We also collect information in order to contact you about the Service, your use of the Service, and provide marketing materials (subject to your marketing preferences). We additionally maintain emails and other communications that you send us or otherwise contribute, such as customer support inquiries or posts to our forums or customer support boards. You might also provide us information in other ways, including by responding to surveys or submitting a form.
Sometimes for contractual or legal reasons we require you to provide us with information. If you do not provide personal information when requested, you may not be able to use our Services if that information is necessary to provide you with our Services or if we are legally required to collect it.
II. Personal information obtained from your use of our Services
When you use our Services, we collect information about your interaction with and activity on the Services, such as your IP address(es), pages that you visit on our Site, web pages you visited prior to coming to our or our Users’ sites, information about your browser, network or device.
If you are an End User of our Users’ sites, we may also collect information about your interaction with and activity on our User’s sites. Your information however, is used in an anonymous, aggregated, or pseudonymized form which does not focus on you individually. We use this data to provide, protect, access, or improve our Services.
When you use our Services and our Users’ sites we also automatically collect some information using cookies and similar technologies.
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
III. Personal information obtained from other sources
If you use a Third Party Service - such as Google - to register for an Account, the Third Party Service may provide us with your Third Party Service account information on your behalf. This information includes your name and email address. Your privacy settings on Third Party Services generally control what they share with us.
Why do we collect such information?
We use the personal information we obtain from you to:
Provide and operate our Services.
• To communicate with you, such as by sending emails about Service-related announcements or transactions.
• To improve, customize, and further develop our Services, based on your activity on or interaction with our Services.
• To provide you support regarding our Services, such as ongoing customer assistance and technical support.
• To contact you with general or personalized service-related notices or marketing material (subject to your marketing preferences).
• To facilitate, manage, and administer certain contests, surveys, quizzes or promotions related to our Services.
• To ensure the security and integrity of our Services.
• To improve and further develop our Services.
• To enforce our Terms of Service and other legal terms and policies.
• To manage our vendor and partner relationships.
• To protect our and others’ interest, rights, and property.
• To tailor our advertising to what we think will interest you. For example, we may decide to serve you a particular advertisement based on your subscription plan or what we think may interest you based on other information that we have obtained from you.
• To send you tailored marketing communications and other materials about products, offers, promotions of Chinafy and our partners and measure the success of those campaigns.
• Our use of your personal information is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you. For example, we need your email address so that you can sign into your Chinafy account.
• When we have a legal obligation to use your personal information, such as to comply with applicable tax and other government regulations or to comply with a binding law enforcement request.
• When we have a legitimate interest in using your personal information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest as a business in the following cases:
- To provide, maintain, and improve our Services.
- To anonymize and subsequently use anonymized information.
- To monitor, analyze, and improve the security of our Services.
- To share your personal information with other Chinafy group companies that help us provide and improve our Services.
- To administer and operate the Chinafy Services and provide you with tailored communications, promotions, and advertising to develop our business.
• To protect your vital interests, or those or others.
• When necessary for the purposes of a Third Party’s legitimate interests, such as our partners who have a legitimate interest in delivering tailored advertising to you and monitoring and measuring its effectiveness or our Users who have a legitimate interest in having their sites function properly and securely and analyzing the usage of their sites so they improve their services.
How we share your personal information
Service Providers. The Services are integrated with various Third Party services and applications (collectively, “Third Party Services”) that may make available to you their content and products. We employ these Third Party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services, to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. We may also include links to applications and websites other than the Services, including those operated by third parties and affiliates. For example, we may use Third Party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this information in order to increase our Service's functionality. These third parties have access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purposes.Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of applications and websites operated by third parties and that your interactions on any Third-Party Service or website are subject to that Third Party’s rules and policies.
Third Party Account Information. If you use Third Party Services, such as social media, you may provide us with your Third Party Services account information. We may store and transmit such account information as to provide the Service and in accordance with the terms and policies of the Third Party Services.
Compliance With Laws. We may disclose your personal information where required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or to protect the security or integrity of our Service, with or without notice to you.
Advertising and Promotions. We share personal information with third parties so they and we can provide you with tailored advertising and analyze its effectiveness. For example, we may share your pseudonymized email address with a Third Party social media platform on which we advertise to avoid serving Chinafy ads to people who already use Chinafy.
Payment Processing. We transmit your personal information via an encrypted connection to our Payment Processor.
Your rights and choices
Where applicable law requires (and subject to any relevant exceptions under law), you may have the right to access, update, change or delete personal information.
You can update, modify, or delete personal information or that of your End Users directly in your Account. If you are unable to change your personal information within your account settings, please contact us at privacy@Chinafy.com to make the required changes. You may also request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum or delete your account by contacting us at the same email address.It’s important to remember that if you delete or limit the use of your personal information, the Service may not function properly.
You can also elect not to receive marketing-related communications from us by following the unsubscribe link (or of similar phrasing) or instructions included in any communications we send.
Please note that, for technical reasons, there is likely to be a delay in deleting your personal information from our systems when you request for us to delete it. We also will retain personal information in order to comply with the law, protect our and others’ rights, resolve disputes or enforce our legal terms or policies, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
If you are an End User of one of our User’s sites, you should contact them to exercise your rights with respect to any information they hold about you.
You may have the right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information or to exercise a right to data portability under applicable law. You also may have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority, subject to applicable law.
How we protect your information
The security of your personal information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
How we retain your personal information
We will retain personal information regarding you, your use of the Services, that we process on behalf of our Users or collect directly from our users for as long as needed to provide you with the Services. You can ask for your personal information to be deleted at any time by deleting your Account or contacting us at privacy@Chinafy.com. Please note that there may be a delay in deleting your personal information from our servers and backup storage.
Please note that the the precise periods for which we keep your personal information will vary depending on the nature of the information and why we need it. Please also note that in the course of providing the Services, we collect and maintain aggregated, anonymized or de-personalized information which we may retain indefinitely.
Your information, including personal information, may be transferred to (and maintained on) countries other than where you live. These countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. We may also store information locally on the devices you use to access the Service.
We may, in accordance with Article 46 of the GDPR, transfer personal information to recipients that have entered into the European Commission approved contract for the transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area.
End Users’ personal information
Our customers, or Users, who have created a site using Chinafy are responsible for what they do with the personal information they collect, directly or through Chinafy, about their End Users. This section is directed to such customers.
You are solely responsible for complying with any laws and regulations that apply to your collection and use of your End Users’ information, including personal information you collect about them from us or using Chinafy functionality or cookies or similar technologies.
We are not liable for your relationship with your End Users, how you collect and or use personal information about them (even if you collect it from us or using Chinafy functionality) and we won’t provide you with any legal advice regarding such matters.
Your End Users’ payment information may be processed via Third Party eCommerce Payment Processors with which you integrate your Account, in accordance with such eCommerce Payment Processors’ terms and policies. We transmit your End Users’ complete payment information when they initially provide or update it only so that we can pass it along to the eCommerce Payment Processors you agree to use. We don’t collect or store your End Users’ payment information.
Access to your personal information
You retain all rights to your personal information and can access it anytime. We will take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your personal information. You can update many types of personal information, such as contact or payment information, directly within your account settings. If you are unable to change your personal information within your account settings, please contact us to make the required changes. It’s important to remember that if you delete or limit the use of your personal information, the Service may not function properly.
If you have any questions about your personal information or this policy, or if you would like to make a complaint about how our Service processes your personal data, please contact Chinafy by email at privacy@Chinafy.com
If you have any questions about your personal information or this policy, or if you would like to make a complaint about how our Service processes your personal data, please contact Chinafy by email at privacy@Chinafy.com .
Last updated: April 2019